How do I set up a 4 hour or less Job Shadow?
The Fox Valley Health Care Alliance places significant emphasis on professionalism and readying your high schooler for a professional environment. Parents must refrain from making contact to any of the health care facility representatives on behalf of your high schooler. All communication concerning job shadow opportunities will be conducted between the student and the health care facility representatives. Adherence to this expectation allows the maximum growth of the participant throughout the experience.
August 16, 2022: Area healthcare organizations have worked very hard to keep patients, community members, and team members safe regarding the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus and other variants. As surge numbers are lowering, job shadows may be considered by individual facilities. Please see information for each location below, and reach out directly to the location contact with questions. Facilities accepting shadows are designated with an "*" .
Step 1: Identify the career you would like to shadow and facility which offers that area.
- Click here for the current list of available job shadows.
Step 2: Email, mail or fax completed application and health requirements form to the contact person of the organization where you hope to do a job shadow.
- If student is under age 18, parent/guardian MUST sign form.
- Application and proof of all listed health requirements must be sent in entirety to the appropriate site contact.
- Please see below for a list of Job Shadow Facility Contacts.
* Ascension/Affinity/Ministry (Appleton Campus)
Ascension/Affinity/Ministry (Chilton Campus)
SSM Health – St Agnes Hospital (Formerly Agnesian)
Fox Valley Technical College (FVTC)
Moraine Park Technical College (MPTC)
* ThedaCare - Shadow applications will be accepted. All health requirements, including COVID -19 vaccine, must be met prior to consideration, and sent in with application.
Orthopedic & Sports Institute
Step 3: Review and Understand the Job Shadow Information Sheet.
- Click here for the Job Shadow Information Sheet.
Step 4: Complete the application and health requirement form.
All job shadows require immunizations for MMR, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis B, COVID-19 and Influenza, as well as a 2 Step TB test (injection/read and within three weeks another injection/read) is required within the last 12 months. Once you have identified the facility where you'd like to do a job shadow, click on the link for the application.
- For Ascension* Health System
- Click here for the application.
- For Agnesian Healthcare, Aurora Health Care, Theda Care*, or Orthopedic & Sports Institute of the Fox Valley:
- Click here for the application and Health Requirements form.