Step by Step Guide to the Clinical Placement Process
After receiving verification that your application for a clinical placement has been accepted by a healthcare facility, you need to complete the following requirements before your clinical begins.
- Health Requirements
- Medical Influenza Exemption Note: Form to apply for exemption of the influenza vaccination requirement.
- Hepatitis B Documentation Form (Required)
- Background Check Information
- Complete Modules 1 and 2, which are accessed by clicking on the links below:
- Module #1: Infection Control / OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens / Safety Orientation (.pdf)
- Module #2: HIPAA / Confidentiality / Compliance / Professionalism Orientation (.pdf)
- Complete Facility Specific Orientation for the organization providing your clinical placement:
(If you are utilizing an organization not listed below, jump to Step #3.)
Evergreen Retirement Community - Contact: Darlene Johnson (920) 237-2134
You need to print off and sign three forms (A, B, & C) in order to complete all requirements. Your signature indicates acceptance of responsibility and accountability for the information presented. Turn in all forms to your Instructor or school coordinator:
A Healthcare Facility Specific Orientation must also be completed.** If you are attending clinical placement at an organization not listed in Step #2, you still need to complete all forms (A, B, & C) and turn them into your school coordinator/instructor. (Note: Most often, Form C is completed on the first day of orientation at your clinical placement site).
If you have any questions about these requirements or forms, see your school coordinator/instructor.
- Wear your student badge and dress accordingly.
- While working in the health care facilities please adhere to dress codes and always wear a badge that identifies you.
- Some facilities may assign a badge to you. Please return it at the end of your clinical, or you may be charged a replacement fee and/or your school records held.
- Remember to keep patients at the center of your experience and practice safely.
- Ask questions if you are not familiar with something.
- Seek out experiences as they come available and have a great learning experience!