This is Your Step by Step Guide to the Clinical Placement Process
FVHCA would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you as you prepare for clinical experiences. We are pleased to present this step by step guide to ease and assist your clinical placement process, and we hope you will find it of great benefit. Best wishes to you all for successful and enriching clinicals.
- The Fox Valley Health Care Alliance
The following are requirements for students assuming you have been notified that your application has been accepted.
These four steps must be completed BEFORE your clinical start date.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING INFLUENZA VACCINE REQUIREMENT
Click the Modules below to begin:
For clinicals at these organizations, please click on the appropriate link below:
- Mercy Medical Center, Oshkosh
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Appleton
- Calumet Medical Center, Chilton
- Affinity Medical Group (All Clinic Locations)
- Agnesian HealthCare Enterprises
- Consultant's Lab of WI
- Fond du Lac Surgery Center
- Fond du Lac Regional Clinic (All Clinic Locations)
- St. Agnes Hospital
- St. Francis Home
- Waupun Memorial Hospital
- Ripon Medical Center
- Aurora Medical Center – Oshkosh/Fond du Lac
- Aurora Medical Group – Clinics
- Oshkosh Doctor’s Court
- Fond du Lac
- North Fond du Lac
- Aurora VNA
- Behavioural Health
- Berlin Memorial Hospital
- Juliette Manor Nursing Home
- CHN Home Care
- CHN Medical Group (All CHN Clinic Locations)
- Appleton Medical Center
- Theda Clark Medical Center
- New London Medical Center
- ThedaCare Physicians (All Clinic Locations)
- ThedaCare at Home
- Peabody Manor
- New London Medical Center
- Shawano Medical Center
- Riverside Medical Center
Evergreen Retirement Community - Contact: Darlene Johnson (920) 237-2134
**By signing these forms, you accept responsibility and accountability for the information presented in the orientation modules.**
- FVHCA Form A: Confidentiality Agreement
- FVHCA Form B: Online Orientation Modules #1 and #2 Completion Form
Once you are assigned a healthcare facility for clinical, you will also do an annual orientation (different than the online modules) that is specific to that healthcare facility. It's your responsibility to receive a unit/dept specific orientation on or before your first day of clinical as well. This form is found on each healthcare facility student page; please visit the website of the healthcare facility you are visiting for more information.
- Wear your student badge and dress accordingly.
- While working in the health care facilities please adhere to dress codes and always wear a badge that identifies you.
- Some facilities may assign a badge to you. Please return it at the end of your clinical, or you may be charged a replacement fee and/or your school records held.
- Remember to keep patients at the center of your experience and practice safely.
- Ask questions if you are not familiar with something.
- Seek out experiences as they come available and have a great learning experience!