This page is intended to assist with a successful clinical
experience for you and your students.
If you need to request clinical placement, follow steps on the school coordinator tab.
Verify whether the Required Student/Faculty Information Form has been submitted to facility.
As Faculty or an Instructor, you will more than likely assist three (3) varying types of students. Below, we have outlined the steps that must be taken to ensure the needs of each student type are met.
Please follow the method that is appropriate for the type of student that you are working with.
(1) Precepted Students:
If you are Faculty or an Instructor responsible for following up or facilitating precepted students, please note and / or ensure the following:
- A faculty / instructor does not need orientation to facility
- You will need to ensure facilities have faculty/instructor contact information
- You will need to ensure preceptors are assigned
- You will need to provide feedback of clinical site
(2) Group Clinicals:
If you are Faculty or an Instructor responsible for clinical groups, you will need to:
- Ensure the student is competent in the designated clinical area
- Ensure the student completes orientation to the facility – annual
- Review any clinical policies as indicated by the facility
- Ensure patient safety
- Provide direct supervision of students
- Provide feedback of clinical site
Two types of orientations are required.
- Two general online orientation modules must be completed, which includes information on OSHA/blood borne pathogens, HIPPA/compliance and safety. Click here for the modules.
- Facility Orientation is required, click on link below:
- Returning Instructor Requirements - See facility link above.
- New Instructor Requirements – See facility link above.
(3) Graduate Students
Student placement processes vary for graduate students. Visit the graduate page.
For further questions/comments/concerns regarding any of the three (3) above student types or requirements:, click here for listing of facility contacts.